I write silly, weird and heartwarming books.
I love spontaneity, flip flops, hammocks, 90s music, daydreaming, reading, soup dumplings and stopping whatever I’m doing when the Princess Bride is on TV.
I spent too many years in a finance career chasing someone else’s dream before I traded in my spreadsheets for manuscripts. Now I am 100% writer…plus 30% loving husband, 40% embarrassing father, 22% RV enthusiast and 12% BBQ connoisseur. Wait – is that 204%? I’m also 100% bad at math.
I live in Los Angeles with my super-supportive wife, licky border collie and two hilarious kids who use potty words to complete Mad Libs and provide the inspiration for my stories.
I’m a member of SCBWI and the 12X12 Challenge. I have attended numerous writing conferences and participated in 50 Precious Words, Spring Fling Kid Lit, ReFoReMo, StoryStorm, PBPitch, PitMad and more.
Ten Truths & A Lie
1. I was born in Texas (Howdy!)
2. My favorite animal is the red panda.
3. I went scuba diving with sharks.
4. My favorite color is blurple.
5. I earned an MBA from Stanford.
6. I’m way less funny than my wife (who encouraged me to put this truth in the list).
7. My kids are totally calm and never ridiculous.
8. I rode on a camel in Israel.
9. I quit my job and bought an RV to travel with my family.
10. I’m lactose intolerant.
11. I am afraid of clowns.