I write silly, weird and heartwarming books.
I love spontaneity, flip flops, hammocks, 90s music, daydreaming, reading, soup dumplings and stopping whatever I’m doing when the Princess Bride is on TV.
I live in Los Angeles with my super-supportive wife and two hilarious kids who use potty words to complete Mad Libs and provide the inspiration for my stories.
I’m a member of SCBWI and the 12X12 Challenge. I have attended numerous writing conferences and participated in 50 Precious Words, Spring Fling Kid Lit, ReFoReMo, StoryStorm, PBPitch, and PitMad.
Ten Truths & A Lie
1. I was born in Texas (Howdy!)
2. My favorite animal is the red panda.
3. I went scuba diving with sharks.
4. My favorite color is blurple.
5. I earned an MBA from Stanford.
6. I’m way less funny than my wife (who encouraged me to put this truth in the list).
7. My kids are totally calm and never ridiculous.
8. I rode on a camel in Israel.
9. I once quit my job and bought an RV to travel with my family.
10. I’m lactose intolerant.
11. I am afraid of clowns.
There are so many great picture books. Below are links to some of our family’s favorites – some old, some new. Please take a look, and support the authors by purchasing them.
Resources for Writers
As I started on my writing journey, I relied on the advice of many amazing authors who know everything there is to know about writing. Here are some links to sites I’ve found really helpful.
– Ann Whitford Paul’s Writing Picture Books– John Funk’s Guide to Writing Picture Books– Debbie Ohi’s PB Creation– Storyteller Academy– Picture Book University– Writing Blueprints
– Rhyme Zone– Rhyme Weaver– Good Story Company– Michelle Witte Rhythm & Rhyme– Reason for Rhyme– Icing the Cake– Poetic Pursuits
– KidLit411 – Tara Lazar– Literary Rambles– PB Spotlight– Julie Hedlund– Renee LaTulippe– Jane Yolen
– PBPitch– PB Chat Mentorship– Spring Fling Kid Lit– 50 Precious Words– Storystorm– PB Critiquefest– PitMad– ReFoReMo– DVPit
Most Recent Blog Posts
Spring Fling Kid Lit Submission
For Spring Fling Kid Lit, the goal was to write a story about Spring inspired by a GIF in under 150 words. Here goes! The Spring of Snowman “Come out!”[…]Read more
50 Precious Words Entry
Vivian Kirkfield was gracious enough to host 50 Precious Words back in March. It’s an amazing competition where you need to tell an entire story in only 50 words. I[…]Read more
Brad Weinberg Books Is Live
I’m excited to have my website live. Soon I will begin posting book reviews, updates on my writing journey, and resources for other aspiring writers. Please stay tuned!Read more
Agents, publishers, editors, fellow authors, teachers and readers – I want to connect with you! Please reach out and see how we can work together. Authors, I’d love to feature your books on my site.